The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, operations / supply chain management, or related field; or a combination of professional education and experience. APICS or ISM certification will be a plus.
- 2-5+ years of experience in procurement and inventory / materials control, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Candidates with a background in military supply chain could be an excellent fit.
- Strong computer skills including proven Excel skills and an understanding of ERP systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An analytical mindset and ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities.
- A desire and commitment to continuous learning.
- The ability to never give up, relentlessly chasing solutions to problems.
- A focus on cost management.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- A team player mentality and collaborative approach.
- Excellent time management skills to manage high-volume in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to build effective and productive relationships with suppliers and customers.
- A flexible and adaptable work ethic.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
The RoleReporting to the Supply Chain Manager, as a Buyer for California Faucets, you will be responsible for the timely planning, procurement and delivery of high-quality, cost-effective goods and services from the supply base.
You will analyze system data and other information in order to determine efficient inventory levels and order quantities. We will look to you to independently determine solutions to challenges and aggressively prevent out of stocks. You’ll join a talented and collaborative team that includes two other Buyers.
This is a collaborative role, where you will work with a variety of different internal and external contacts including suppliers, customers, and other employees throughout the organization. You’ll be assigned a supplier base that you will be responsible for building strong relationships with.
More specifically, you will:
- Analyze demand / ERP data to determine optimal safety stock, inventory levels, and order quantities utilizing supply base and commodity specific knowledge.
- Effect timely purchasing transactions that achieve company quality.
- Work with internal organizations and suppliers to continuously reduce costs and inventory levels.
- Maintain purchasing related data in the company’s ERP system.
- Determine root causes of parts shortages and implement permanent fixes.
- Resolve quality issues with purchased materials and deploy corrective process improvements.
- Reconcile various invoice issues.
- Follow through on procurement strategies that enhance competitive advantage for both California Faucets and its customers.
- Accomplish special projects and other assignments / duties as required by management.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
- Act as both risk manager and cost manager in the development and maintenance of strategic supplier relationships.
Why California FaucetsBroad impact
We are a smaller, privately owned company and everyone wears multiple hats. As you can see under The Role, this position is diverse, meaning you can put your personal stamp on a number of areas related to procurement. You'll interact with many key stakeholders, and you may be pulled into projects outside of your job description -- we'll value your knowledge, skills and innovation.
The diversity of the role also means you will expand your experience across a variety of areas of the supply chain function. Each of our faucets is hand-finished and individually assembled, so our manufacturing environment is a little more complex than most. You'll also get creative, including making an impact on the timeliness of our delivered goods as necessary. Your manager is deeply passionate about ongoing growth and continuous learning, and you'll have the ability to expand your knowledge base and learn new skills.
Own your role
You will help shape this role as a key procurement subject matter expert. The position has a tactical focus, but you'll make contributions at the strategic level, influencing decisions and our ongoing growth.
We're constantly developing new and unique designs for our discriminating clientele. We've won several awards over the years, including several Best of Year (from Interior Design magazine), Design Plus (from Messe Frankfurt and the German Design Council), Good Design (from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design), Product Design Award (from iF International Forum Design GmbH), and others.
A culture of "yes"
If we had to describe our company culture in one word it would be "yes." "Yes" to allowing customers to mix and match any handle with any spout in any finish. "Yes" to quick delivery. And, most importantly, "Yes" to unparalleled customer service.
We work hard here, but the atmosphere is friendly and we have fun in the process. Collaboration is high and politics are low. People enjoy working here, as demonstrated by the number of long-tenured employees. We're convenient to both the 405 and 22 freeways, and just a few blocks from the picturesque Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge. It's an industrial area, but there are amenities nearby for coffee or a sandwich.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus, we offer a strong benefits package that includes medical insurance that's 100% employer-paid for employees, dental insurance, a profit sharing and 401(k) plan, paid time off, and more.
Video: California Faucets has a long history of bringing innovative products to market. Highlighted here is StyleDrain®, designed to accept custom tile or stone to seamlessly match the rest of the shower. When we released it in 2013, StyleDrain earned the "Innovative Accessory Product of the Year" award from the Decorative Plumbing & Hardware Association as well as the "Best of the Year" award from Interior Design.
Keys to SuccessOne of our primary goals is to continue to improve customer satisfaction and service, and for the procurement team, that means taking a proactive approach to handling out of stocks and ensuring our parts are delivered on time. To excel in this role, you will be solutions-oriented, energetic and eager to make your mark on procurement. It will be essential that you approach internal and external customers with a sense of service and urgency.
We’re in the process of implementing a new ERP system (abas ERP), so you’ll be stepping into the role during a period of change and transformation. We also have thousands of SKUs, ongoing new product development, and custom finishes—it's safe to say that you’ll never get bored! You’ll spend a lot of time at your desk crunching numbers, verifying data and keeping track of all of the moving parts.
When a challenge presents itself, it will be your job to rise above the issue and navigate your way through to a solution. Whether you are dealing with disruptions at the port, labor issues, or material shortages, the ideal candidate will have the ability to handle the problem and keep calm, cool and collected!
About UsCustom Faucetry®
Unlike much of the mass-produced fare that floods the market today, each California Faucet fitting is custom made. Starting with good old-fashioned craftsmanship featuring solid brass construction, we add state-of-the-art 1/4 turn ceramic disc valves with lifetime warranties, the world's largest offering of decorative PVD finishes and quality controls that meet or exceed government codes, including national and local lead-free and water conservation standards.
We offer every decorative fitting that customers need to outfit their entire bathroom, including:
Faucets & Fittings
Over 30 unique lavatory faucet series, available in over 30 finishes, each featuring the complete line of coordinated fittings, including lavatory faucets, shower sets, tub sets, bidets, and bathroom accessories.
With the introduction of the StyleTherm® thermostatic shower systems, we've made an innovative technological leap which makes luxury thermostatic shower technology affordable for all. Now the convenience, safety and flexibility of thermostatic showering is available at the same price point as older technologies such as pressure balance. Like all California Faucets product, StyleTherm is extremely flexible and design compatible with every faucet series in the line.
Fine design is in the details. With our patent-pending StyleDrain, the country's first truly decorative shower drain, and CeraLine™, the international award-winning channel drain, you no longer have to settle for cheap, flimsy drains that spoil the look of your shower with their generic design and unsightly visible screws.
Accessories & Trim
In addition to matching towel bars, paper holders and soap dishes, we offer bathroom specialties. This includes decorative supply stops, p-traps, sink drains, tub drains, shower accessories, kitchen accessories and more. The detail offered by Cal Trim is the key to perfecting your design vision.
Video: A fun look at the diverse customizations that distinguish us from competitors. In order to deliver in this promise, we proudly employ more Americans per faucet shipped than most other faucet manufacturers.